Acclimation & Installation
For proper installation of decking, please allow lumber to acclimate on site 1-2 weeks prior to installation.
Things To Avoid
Below is a list of common mistakes whenacclimating your decking.
- DO NOT store decking directly on the ground or a concrete surface
- DO NOT store decking for more than 30 days without first consulting an AdvantageLumber.com sales rep
- DO NOT cover decking with a tarp or plasticsheet
- DO NOT store decking in a garage or other enclosed area
To give your decking project the best chance at success, here’s a list of things to remember.
- DO elevate decking at least 12" off the ground using blocks of wood
- DO separate layers of stacked decking with wood shims
- DO cover decking with a sheet of plywood to shed water
- DO ensure every face of every board receives adequate air flow
See full installation instructions at AdvantageLumber.com